- HomeWalk Heroes raise $500 or more to help move thousands of homeless men, women and children into permanent supportive housing.
- In 2013, UWGLA’s HomeWalk Heroes, who accounted for only 1% of all participants, managed to collect 40% of all funds raised ($200,000)!
Simply by raising $500, we can:
- Give three homeless job seekers a competitive edge with employment workshops designed to strengthen their interviewing and workplace skills.
- Provide short-term relief to a homeless individual in the form of safe housing, regular meals and a network of supportive services.
- Offer one homeless family a fresh start by securing permanent housing and helping to cover their first month’s rent, utilities, furniture, groceries and supplies.
ALL 2014 HOMEWALK HEROES RECEIVED:
- An exclusive HomeWalk hoodie to wear all year-round to demonstrate your commitment to eradicating homelessness in L.A. County (preview coming soon!);
- A chance to win valuable, one-of-a-kind Kobe Bryant memorabilia; MICHAEL HAUSKNOST
- A chance to win four (4) upper-level tickets to Los Angeles Lakers vs. New Orleans Pelicans on Sunday, December 7th at Staples Center; SHAILEE PRINCE
- A chance to win two (2) VIP tickets to a live broadcast of a performance show of Dancing with the Stars (These tickets are not for resale by the recipient and any such attempted or actual sale or transfer will invalidate the tickets.); KOLLYN KANZ
- An invitation to the 2015 HomeWalk Kickoff Breakfast (see photos from this year’s Kickoff Breakfast here)!
Print this page (opens in a new window)