HOMEWALK 2014 MAPS:
Registration Opens: 7:00 am
Opening Program: 8:15 am
5K Run Starts: 9:00 am
5K Walk Starts: 9:10 am
* Note: This year, runners and walkers will line up on different streets (runners on Bill Robertson and walkers on S. Coliseum Drive). The run will start at 9:00 am. Then walkers will move up to the start bridge for the walk to begin at 9:10 am.
Fundraising Incentives Deadline was Wednesday, November 12th at 5:00 pm.
Walker/Runners Online Registration Deadline was Thursday, November 13th at midnight. Day-of registration for walkers is still available. Day-of registration for runners is on a first-come, first-served basis and slots will fill up quickly!
PARKING AND TRANSPORTATION
To avoid traffic on the day of HomeWalk, we strongly recommend that participants utilize LA public transportation.
- Expo Line provides easy access to Exposition Park located near Expo Park/USC Metro Station – 661 Exposition Blvd (see location of station on the Route Map).
- Suggested parking locations with free on-site parking include Culver City, La Cienega/Jefferson and Expo/Crenshaw.
- To plan your trip, please visit metro.net.
Please review and print the Parking Map.
- Parking is $10 CASH for cars, $10 CASH for school buses and $25 CASH for charter buses. Bus parking is located in lot #6 (also indicated on the parking map).
- This year, the entrance to Exposition Park off of Figueroa will remain open throughout the event to allow easy access to and from the parking structure by California Science Center.
- Note: Road closures at the Exposition Boulevard exits of the 110 Freeway begin at 7:00 am. Be prepared to use alternation routes if arriving after 7:00 am.
REGISTRATION AND INCENTIVES
- If you did not register to walk or run online, you will be able to register on event day by completing a registration form and proceeding to a “Day of Registration” booth.
- Note: Runner registration is on a first come, first serve basis and typically sells out before event day, so if you would like to have a timing chip – please register ASAP. Anyone is welcome to run, but you will not have a timing chip unless you are registered as a runner.
- The deadline to qualify for fundraising incentives was Wednesday, November 12th at 5:00 pm.
- Your total fundraising will be printed on the tab on your bib that you pick-up at check-in.
- Please visit the “INCENTIVES & DONATION STATION” on event day, and turn in your tab to redeem your incentive prizes!
How much does it cost to register for HomeWalk 2014?
The registration cost is FREE for walkers and $20 for runners (includes timing chip & medal).
Do I receive a t-shirt when I register?
No. Since we have removed the registration fee for walkers and discounted runner registration, you will not receive a t-shirt when you check-in at HomeWalk. Only individuals who fundraise or donate $100+ will receive a t-shirt on event day.
Will we be able to purchase any HomeWalk gear on the day of the event?
Please visit the “INCENTIVES PICK-UP” booth and make a donation to get some HomeWalk swag!
What’s the difference between walking and running?
Participants who register as runners will receive a timing chip and medal.
I have registered to run. Where can I find my results after the race?
Participants who register as runners can view their results at http://bit.ly/2014HomeWalkResults.
How can I make a cash donation?
Email email@example.com and we will mail you a donation envelope. Then you may turn in your donation envelope on event day.
How can I make a check donation?
Just download this PDF of our donation form, and mail the form and check to: United Way of Greater Los Angeles, Attn: HomeWalk, 1150 S. Olive Street, Suite T500, Los Angeles, CA 90015. All checks can be made payable to “United Way of Greater LA.”
Is my donation tax-deductible?
Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. You must complete the hard copy donation form, so that we have your information. Unless the donation is over $250, you must request a receipt and you will receive one via e-mail.
Is group registration available? Once you are finished registering yourself, you will see an option to register another person. You may also click here to download and print the official registration form which you can either present at check-in or mail to: United Way of Greater Los Angeles, 1150 South Olive Street, Suite T500, Los Angeles, CA 90015.
Can I participate without registering?
No, anyone without a HomeWalk 2014 bib (provided at time of check-in) will immediately be directed off the course.
How do I start fundraising?
Please click here for a collection of valuable tools and resources which are sure to help you get the ball rolling!
Why should I try and raise $100 or more?
We ask that every participant set a manageable fundraising goal of a $100 minimum because the more money we raise the more people we can move into homes. Help us reach this year’s HomeWalk goal of moving 1,000 people off the streets and into homes for 2015.
Where can I find a map of the Run/Walk route?
Detailed maps of the entire 5K route both with and without scheduled street closures can be found at the top of the Event Info page.
Are strollers, carriages or walkers of any kind allowed?
Yes, absolutely. HomeWalk is a family-friendly event and we invite runners and walkers of all ages to join in on the fun!
Are bikes, skateboards or skates of any kind allowed?
No, anyone attempting to use these types of equipment will immediately be directed off the course.
Are animals of any kind allowed?
No, with the exception of pets such as service dogs who must accompany their owners for medical reasons.
Where should I park my car?
Please click here for the parking map.
When do I get my HomeWalk 2014 bib?
You may pick up both items at check-in on the morning of Saturday, November 15th.
How do I volunteer for HomeWalk 2014?
*UPDATE: Thank you for your interest in volunteering at HomeWalk 2014. We are thrilled to have overwhelming support for our event. Due to capacity issues, Volunteer Registration is now closed.*
Is Kobe Bryant making an appearance?
Yes, Honorary Chair Kobe Bryant will be in attendance, schedule permitting.
Which food trucks will be at HomeWalk?
|Vchos Truck||Central American Fusion – Pupusas, Taquitos, Tapas|
|Chef Hwang||A Catering Company – Traditional Korean & Kimchi|
|Don Chow Tacos||Chino-meets-Latino Fusion|
|PerkUp Coffee & Tea Co.||Coffee & Tea, Bagels, Pastries, Muffin, Smoothies|
|Waffles de Liege||Waffles & Crepes|
|The Fry Girl Inc.||Fried Munchies & Doughnuts|
|Best Pizza Square||Pizza & Soft Drinks|
|Pie ‘n Burger||Hamburgers & Sweet Pies|
Print this page (opens in a new window)