DO YOUR HOMEWORK
- HomeWalk Fact Sheet (PDF) / Español (PDF)
- Homelessness in LA County Fact Sheet (PDF) / Español (PDF)
SPREAD THE WORD
- HomeWalk Poster (PDF)
- HomeWalk Brochure (PDF)
- Sample Facebook Posts & Tweets (DOC)
- Sample Email/Letter (DOC)
Check out our new Team Captain Handbook (PDF)!
Ensure the success of your crew by following these simple steps.
- Set a fundraising goal and keep everyone on track to reach or even exceed it!
- Recruit additional team members whenever possible.
- Always be prepared to answer the question, “Why should I support HomeWalk?”
Use these tools to LEAD THE WAY:
- Team Captain/Company Lead Emails (DOC)
- Team Captain Job Description (PDF)
- Sample Team Meeting Agenda (PDF)
- HomeWalk Heroes raise $500 or more to help move thousands of homeless men, women and children into permanent supportive housing.
- In 2013, UWGLA’s HomeWalk Heroes, who accounted for only 1% of all participants, managed to collect 40% of all funds raised ($200,000)!
Simply by raising $500, we can:
- Give three homeless job seekers a competitive edge with employment workshops designed to strengthen their interviewing and workplace skills.
- Provide short-term relief to a homeless individual in the form of safe housing, regular meals and a network of supportive services.
- Offer one homeless family a fresh start by securing permanent housing and helping to cover their first month’s rent, utilities, furniture, groceries and supplies.
All 2014 HomeWalk Heroes will receive:
- A HomeWalk Heroes baseball cap to wear at the event (and all year-round) to demonstrate our commitment to eradicating homelessness in L.A. County;
- $10 food voucher to use at one of our fabulous food trucks on event day;
- An exclusive invitation to the HomeWalk 2015 Kickoff Breakfast; and
- A chance to win valuable, one-of-a-kind Kobe Bryant memorabilia!
Print this page (opens in a new window)